Books, books, and more books.


I LOVE BOOKS! That might not be that unusual but I also love all different genres of books. I read Science fiction, Christian fiction, Historical fiction, non fiction, Westerns, Teen books, kids books, and yes I like a good Vampire book. I've loved Vampires and Werewolves WAY before the Twilight books. I'm a bookseller at a retail book store so I get to be around books all day long. I've been a bookseller for two stores at different times so I've been doing this for over 13 years. Recently, with the advancement of ebook readers I've become a Nookseller, as well, selling Nook ebook readers, accessories, and ebooks. I have a Nookcolor which is wonderful and one of the best Christmas presents I've ever gotten. I can carry THOUSANDS of books around with me and read as much as possible. When I thought about writing a blog, I thought why not write about the wonderful, and the not so wonderful books that I am reading. Maybe give somebody a behind the cover look at a book they are thinking about reading or helping them discover a new series. A way to share my love of books and the true joy that they can bring.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Aliens on Vacation by Clete Smith

Aliens on Vacation is about a boy, Scrub, who has parents that basically ignore him. They both have to go on business trips during Scrubs summer vacation and decide to ship Scrub across the country to stay with his Grandmother who he's never met. His grandmother owns and operates the Intergalactic Bed and Breakfast. Scrub thinks it's a hangout for Trekkies and people that believe in aliens. He starts thinking things aren't really what they seem when he walks in first thing and reads,
House Rules for a Successful Visit:
1. Leave nothing behind
2. Take nothing with you
3. Dress appropriately
4. Two arms, two legs, one head
5. No harming the natives

He realizes maybe things aren't what they seem. Scrub stays very busy during the summer trying to help his grandmother with the "visitors" and keeping the town Sheriff from shutting the Bed and Breakfast down. Oh and too bad the Sheriff has a really cute daughter, just Scrubs age, who seems to be really nice. All in all Scrub has one heck of a summer, gets to know his grandmother and learns a lot about responsibility, all while having the best summer of his life. At least the most unusual one anyway. --- Great book for kids 10 to 13 or older. Very fun read. This was an advance readers copy through netgalley.com from Disney/Hyperion publishing and is set to be released 5/03/2011

No comments: