Books, books, and more books.


I LOVE BOOKS! That might not be that unusual but I also love all different genres of books. I read Science fiction, Christian fiction, Historical fiction, non fiction, Westerns, Teen books, kids books, and yes I like a good Vampire book. I've loved Vampires and Werewolves WAY before the Twilight books. I'm a bookseller at a retail book store so I get to be around books all day long. I've been a bookseller for two stores at different times so I've been doing this for over 13 years. Recently, with the advancement of ebook readers I've become a Nookseller, as well, selling Nook ebook readers, accessories, and ebooks. I have a Nookcolor which is wonderful and one of the best Christmas presents I've ever gotten. I can carry THOUSANDS of books around with me and read as much as possible. When I thought about writing a blog, I thought why not write about the wonderful, and the not so wonderful books that I am reading. Maybe give somebody a behind the cover look at a book they are thinking about reading or helping them discover a new series. A way to share my love of books and the true joy that they can bring.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Ascension: A Dark Breed Novel by Sable Grace

Ascension is the start of an exciting new paranormal series from a debut author. Kyana is half Vampyre, half Lychen (Vampire, Werewolf) she works for the order, tracking demons that have escaped from hell so she can kill them or capture and return them to hell where they belong. Now all hell has broken lose, literally. Turns out there really are gates of hell and somebody had the key. Demons and all things that go bump in the night have been turned lose into the world and the only thing that can save the humans are the other things that go bump in the night. Kyana and her friends, Haven, a witch, Geoff, a Vampyre, and Ryker a demi god have been assigned that duty. The gods of Olympus (Greek mythology) are trying to save what humans they can and keep them safe while Kyana has been charged with finding the key to relock the gate so no more dark breed can come through, while saving the special "chosen" people that are destined to be gods. The gods of Olympus are slowly losing their power and have been using "chosen" humans to replace themselves. Kyana has her work cut out for her and along with all that, she is falling for Ryker a demi god who has turned her advances down before but who she can't stop thinking about. Ryker turned Kyana down because he is in love with her and wants to be mated to her Lychen side for life. The only problem is that Kyana embraces her Vampyre side and sees sex as a game and nothing more. Now Kyana is starting to fall for Ryker and is wondering whether she should let the Lychen side win and devote herself to only him. Gods, demons, vampyres, dragons, witches, and more, all with a little romance thrown in makes for an exciting read. The ending has a twist that really makes you want to read more of the series. We've all read about vampyres and weres but this throws the gods from the Greek myths in for good measure. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to book 2 in the series. ---- I got an advanced readers copy through Netgalley.com and Harper Collins publishing, it's release date is April 26th.

No comments: