Books, books, and more books.


I LOVE BOOKS! That might not be that unusual but I also love all different genres of books. I read Science fiction, Christian fiction, Historical fiction, non fiction, Westerns, Teen books, kids books, and yes I like a good Vampire book. I've loved Vampires and Werewolves WAY before the Twilight books. I'm a bookseller at a retail book store so I get to be around books all day long. I've been a bookseller for two stores at different times so I've been doing this for over 13 years. Recently, with the advancement of ebook readers I've become a Nookseller, as well, selling Nook ebook readers, accessories, and ebooks. I have a Nookcolor which is wonderful and one of the best Christmas presents I've ever gotten. I can carry THOUSANDS of books around with me and read as much as possible. When I thought about writing a blog, I thought why not write about the wonderful, and the not so wonderful books that I am reading. Maybe give somebody a behind the cover look at a book they are thinking about reading or helping them discover a new series. A way to share my love of books and the true joy that they can bring.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Spirit Dances by C.E. Murphy

Spirit Dances is number six in the Walker Papers series and WOW what an addition to the series.
If you're not familiar with the Walker Papers series, and you like the Paranormal genre, you should be. These books have everything, Zombies, Wendigos, ghosts, demons, spirit guides, and gods. Joanne Walker, starts out a mechanic for the police department, with a love of classic cars and a Cherokee, Irish heritage. She soon finds out in book one, the spirit world that she had always made fun of and didn't understand, really exists and that she is a major part of it. She learns that she is a shaman and must undergo the training for that, in this world and beyond. She makes many mistakes and is constantly having to come to terms with her past of teen pregnancy, betrayal, and growing up with a single parent. Spirit Dances starts out as every good book should, with action on page one, from start to finish. It doesn't really slow down at all, grabs you from the beginning and doesn't let go. This time Joanne is dealing with a serial killer out for power, missing homeless people, shapeshifters, wolves, a Ghost Dance, and then there's a first "kind of date" with her boss. She also learns she has a new power, if she can just learn to control it and use it, instead of it using her. She has help, as usual, from her friend and partner, Billy Holiday, the male cop with a penchant for wearing evening gowns and high heeled pumps. You also won't believe what happens to Captain Morrison this time when Joanne's magic goes a little astray, he surely won't forgive her for this one, or will he? A wonderful addition to the series, so far they just get better and better. The release date is for March 2011, I got an advanced copy from Netgalley.com and Luna publishing.

No comments: