Books, books, and more books.


I LOVE BOOKS! That might not be that unusual but I also love all different genres of books. I read Science fiction, Christian fiction, Historical fiction, non fiction, Westerns, Teen books, kids books, and yes I like a good Vampire book. I've loved Vampires and Werewolves WAY before the Twilight books. I'm a bookseller at a retail book store so I get to be around books all day long. I've been a bookseller for two stores at different times so I've been doing this for over 13 years. Recently, with the advancement of ebook readers I've become a Nookseller, as well, selling Nook ebook readers, accessories, and ebooks. I have a Nookcolor which is wonderful and one of the best Christmas presents I've ever gotten. I can carry THOUSANDS of books around with me and read as much as possible. When I thought about writing a blog, I thought why not write about the wonderful, and the not so wonderful books that I am reading. Maybe give somebody a behind the cover look at a book they are thinking about reading or helping them discover a new series. A way to share my love of books and the true joy that they can bring.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Fallen by Lauren Kate

This looked like a promising ebook and it started out well with a story of lovers who have fallen in love in many past lives but are destined to never be together. Luce has been sent to reform school after a boy she was dating was killed in an unexplainable fire and she was blamed. She doesn't remember anything that happened. There are two boys at the school that she is immediately attracted to, Cam and Daniel. Cam likes her as well but he's kind of safe and boring and she can't stop thinking about Daniel who is mysterious and sometimes seems like he likes her and other times seems like he hates her. Then there are these mysterious shadows that hover here and there and only Luce seems to be able to see them, but doesn't know what they are. Sorry to say I can't review the whole book because by around page 100 I was so bored I starting reading other things and not going back to it. I know that it is the first in a series and I thought if I couldn't get through this one I won't want to bother reading any more. Maybe if you're a teen and like reading about chaste romance it would be fine and it is a teen book, I just wouldn't recommend it to any adults.

No comments: